Delhi Agra Tour is one of the most popular tour. As this tour is an opportunity to visit UNESCO World Heritage sites along with a visit to one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Delhi Agra Tour
Duration: 02 Nights/ 03 Days
This tour will cover two major cities of India ; Delhi and Agra. These cities has many historical buildings that have breathtaking architecture. Every year many travellers visit both these cities to uncover the history and culture.
Tour itinerary covers ; Taj Mahal, Agra fort, Itimad Ud Daulah (Baby Taj), Mehtab Bagh, Jama Masjid, Rickshaw Ride in Chandni Chowk Bazaar, Spice Market, Raj Ghat, India Gate, Parliament House, President’s House, Humayun’s Tomb, Lotus Temple and Qutub Minar.
Detailed Tour Itinerary
Day 01: Delhi Airport To Agra : (4 Hours 30 Mins Drive)
Our representative will meet you at Delhi Airport in morning and will introduce you to the Driver . Then you will head towards Agra, it is a 4 hours 30 mins journey via yamuna expressway. Arrival Agra and check inn hotel. After freshen up start the Agra Tour;
- Agra Fort: It is a historical fort which was built in 1573 by Mughal Emperor Akbar. Later his grandson Shah Jahan added most of the marble creations to the fort. It was the main residence for the Mughal emperors till 1638. Capture the wonderful view of taj mahal from agra fort.
- Itimad Ud Daulah : Also known as baby Taj, is a complete white marble mausoleum of Mirza Ghiyas Beg, Grandfather of Mumtaz Mahal. It was built between 1622 and 1628 by Nur Jahan. It is also refer as a “Jewel Box”.
- Mehtab Bagh : It is a Garden Complex which is located near Taj Mahal. It was built in 1500s by Mughal Emperor Babur .One can witness the beautiful sunset view of Taj Mahal from Mehtab Bagh .
After Agra sightseeing is complete drop you back at the hotel. Overnight Agra.
Day 02: Agra To Delhi : (4 Hours 30 Mins Drive)
Early morning our driver will pick you from hotel and take you to Taj Mahal. Watching Taj Mahal in the light of rising sun is once in a lifetime experience.
- Taj Mahal : This masterpiece is a white marble mausoleum, which has beautiful carving on the walls. It was completed in 1648 by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in the loving memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal. This architectural beauty has marked its position in the list of Seven Wonders Of The World and is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site .
After the Taj Mahal tour return to hotel for breakfast. Later checkout hotel at 12PM and drive to Delhi. Arrival Delhi around 4:30PM and check inn hotel. Relax for the day. Overnight Delhi.
Day 03: Delhi Sightseeing Tour :
Our Driver will pick you from hotel at 9AM .Then you will head towards Old Delhi first and then to New Delhi. You will visit;
- Jama Masjid : It was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in 1956. It is the largest mosque in India. Red sandstone and marble was used in it’s construction.
- Chandni Chowk Bazaar: This is one of the oldest and busy market area in Delhi. Enjoy the most popular Old Delhi rickshaw ride. It will take you through the narrow streets of Chandni Chowk bazaar.
- Spice Market: It is in the centre of Chandni Chowk Bazaar . It is the Asia’s Largest wholesale spice market.
- Raj Ghat: It is a memorial dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi.
After Old Delhi Tour break for lunch at a good restaurant and enjoy the Indian Cuisine. Later start the New Delhi Tour. You will visit;
- India Gate: It is a War Memorial located in the centre of New Delhi. Wall of the Gate bears the names of 70000 Indian Soldiers who lost their lives during the World War I while fighting for the British army.
- Parliament & President’s House: You will be stopping by the buildings to take some pictures from outside.
- Humayun’s Tomb: This Tomb was built in 1570, it was the first Garden Tomb in India. This beautiful tomb is also one of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Lotus Temple: Also known as Baha i Temple of Worship. Built in the shape of lotus flower. This temple is open for people of all religion or cast.
- Qutub Minar: This Tower was built by Mughals as a victory symbol to show there win over Delhi’ last Hindu Ruler. It is about 73 Meter tall and one of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
After completion of the Delhi tour you will be taken back to Airport for your flight to next destination.
Agra Delhi Tour Ends With Good Memories Of Taj Mahal.