Old Delhi Tour gives you closer look at the local people and their day to day life. This tour also includes a visit to World Heritage Site.
Delhi city is the national capital of India and has been ranked as 28th most visited city in the world. Population of Delhi is 25 millions which makes it a 2nd most populated city in the world. As people from other states of India come to Delhi for job or business purpose and settles in. As a result it leads to increase in the population of Delhi. Population of Delhi is a mix of every religions; Hindu, Muslims, Sikh, Christian etc.
This city was ruled by the Hindus, Mughals & Britishers and every era has left its impact. Which is visible in the forms of beautiful historical monuments. Each of these historical monument gets you stunned by it’s unique architectural work. Delhi is divided into two parts; Old Delhi & New Delhi. Old Delhi was built by Mughals and some parts of New Delhi was built by Britishers. This city is also popular for it’s delicious Indian food.
Old Delhi Tour
Duration: 01 DAY
On this tour you will discover the attractions of Old Delhi along with the popular Old Delhi Rickshaw ride. This ride will take you through narrow streets of Chandni Chowk Bazaar. You will also visit the spice market.
Tour itinerary covers ; Jama Masjid, Rickshaw Ride in Chandni Chowk Bazaar, Spice Market, Red Fort and Raj Ghat.
Detailed Tour Itinerary
Day 01: Old Delhi Sightseeing:
Our representative will meet you at your hotel lobby at 9AM and will introduce you to the Driver and Guide. Then you will head towards Old part of Delhi. You will visit:
- Jama Masjid : It was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in 1956. It is the largest mosque in India. Red sandstone and marble was used in it’s construction.
- Chandni Chowk Bazaar: This is one of the oldest and busy market area in Delhi. You will be riding on rickshaw passing through the narrow streets of the bazaar and watching peoples day today life.
- Spice Market: It is in the centre of Chandni Chowk Bazaar . It is the Asia’s Largest wholesale spice market.
- Red Fort: This fort was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in 1639. It was the main residence of Mughals for nearly 200 Years. Red Fort is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Raj Ghat: It is a memorial dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi.
After completing the Old Delhi day tour you will be dropped back at your hotel with sweet memories. You will always remember this Delhi Tour.